About Us

We are Ferdy (aged 9), Harriet (Mum - age too old to reveal) and Gil (aged 6).

Ferdy started school in September 2017 and Gil in September 2020, and Ferdy and Gil are home educated on Fridays (flexischooling is a combination of formal schooling and home educating). This does not mean an extra weekend day (Ferdy!), but that we will be doing days out, some reading, some writing, some maths and generally things relating to what both boys are learning at school.

We will be keeping a record of our progress (and our mistakes) on this blog. Any comments/ideas gratefully received!

Saturday 13 July 2019

A Wild Still Life

Having been ill at the beginning of the week, Ferdy went into school this Friday, hence no proper blog. However, he came to my art class with me on Tuesday afternoon and did this, rather beautiful still life drawing of a vase of wild flowers.




























My favourite bit is the 3D glass which, when he had nearly finished and I was pondering how to start my own drawing, he showed me how to do.


This is the boy who, a year ago, could barely hold a pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.